Saturday, April 25, 2015

Willy Nilly complete

Last Sunday afternoon I decided that my brother, who is going through a tough time, needed a quilt. Kinda a long distance hug.   So I rummaged through my fabric stash and found these funky pieces that look like little shirts.  And then I willy nilly grabbed this one and that one and ooh how bout some blue and threw together this pallette for his quilt.  I cut what I could out of  the "little shirts"  but didn't want them too small because I didn't want to lose the cars.  So I had all these 5x11 pieces.  Added some strips to each end and was going to do a brick or something easy.  But it wasn't large enough and the math wasn't coming out right. (I do not  love mathematics) The girls on Facebook were talking about disappearing 4 patches,  so I made some large ones  and added my car strips until they fit - this is turning into a very improv quilt.  I used all stash fabrics except for the binding.  I had my heart set on white with black and didn't have enough of anything left over.  I used this tutorial to spiral quilt the center.  What a workout that was!   The quilt is 55.5 inches square.  Not sure how I managed that.  :) 
It is a rainy and chilly day and I am cuddled up with Roger's quilt as I type.  This is a record for me - Of course, I didn't get anything else done this week but I started this quilt Sunday afternoon and completed it Saturday morning.  I will hopefully mail it in Monday morning and Roger should receive his long distance hug by Thursday. Stanley even added some hugs to the quilt. 
Now it's time to work on another UFO and a newFO... Which one shall it be...

No comments: