It Happened in 1968
- Earthquake in Sicily
- Redwood National Park is created in California to protect the Giant Redwoods
- Aristotle Onassis and Jacqueline Kennedy marry
- The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is dedicated
- Boeing 747 made its maiden flight.
- NASA launches Apollo 7, the first manned Apollo mission
- Allen K Breed invents an air bag that deploys and inflates automatically on violent impact using nitrogen gas.
- Apollo 8 orbits the Moon, becoming the first manned space mission to achieve the feat.
- Dr. Christian Barnard performs the first successful heart transplant.
- US Explodes experimental hydrogen Bomb.
- The Emergency 911 Telephone service is started in the USA which provides a single number for reporting emergencies and is manned 24 hrs per day 365 days per year
- ATM First Philadelphia Bank installs the first automated teller machine in the U.S.
- The first Big Mac goes on sale in McDonalds costing 49 cents
- The Beatles create Apple Records and record "Hey Jude" as the first single on the label
- The CBS television news magazine program "60 Minutes" shown for the first time
- Cleveland Fabric Shop changes its name to Fabri-Centers of America, Inc. and changes shop names to JoAnn Fabrics
|All the strips are cut for me- its almost like getting a jelly roll|
Fast forward to 2012 as
Have a Great Weekend!
TTFN! Bobbie (who is still trying to make a cute signature line)
PS. the date may not be exact- I think Bevy said she started this when she was 16 or so.
Also I was trying to find the cost of fabric in the 60's but didnt come acrross anything, so if anyone has a link please let me know. All my info came from: http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1968.html