Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Silly blogger app

Blogger is still publishing my post from the other day... Thankfully I remembered to copy it so here it is :

Where has October gone?  I am sure that yesterday was the 1st... 
It's another glorious October day - cool and clear. I love October's bright blue weather!
Today's word is confidence
Mr Webster says : CON'FIDENCE, noun [Latin See Confide.]

1. A trusting, or reliance; an assurance of mind or firm belief in the integrity, stability or veracity of another, or in the truth and reality of a fact.

It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in man. Psalms 118:8.

I rejoice that I have confidence in you in all things. 2 Corinthians 7:16.
3. That in which trust is placed; ground of trust; he or that which supports.
Israel was ashamed of Beth-el their confidence Jeremiah 48:13.

Jehovah shall be thy confidence Proverbs 3:26.

Safety, or assurance of safety; security. They shall build houses and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence Ezekiel 28:26.

Boldness; courage.
Preaching the kingdom of God with all confidence Acts 28:31.
"Trusting in the firm reality or fact" when our  is in the One who created us, and we know with out a doubt He is in control,  we  can be confident that He is going to make good on his promises.  "I can do all things through Christ...." then why are we so timid?  We can boldly go and do what ever it is with confidence in our Great Saviour. 

All pictures from pinterest except the tree - I took that one :)

No comments: